Combining the dreams, tastes, likes/dislikes, nationalities and personalities of two people for one of the biggest days of your lives is a big feat. Your wedding choices will be the first of many big decisions you make in your married life.
Here are some questions to ask each other and tips for choosing a theme you are both happy with:
1. HERITAGE — Consider the nationalities of your families. Have you always wanted to incorporate traditions from your religion into your wedding day? How will this play out in your choices together? Maybe you’ll both decide a destination wedding that fits with your culture is the best plan!
2. COLORS — This is usually the starting point for many couples. Maybe talk first as a couple about the colors you don’t like and go from there. It’s usually best to pick two or three contrasting colors instead of just one. You could even just go with different hues of the same color. Here’s a great Pinterest board with some color palette ideas. We also have several color inspirations on our Pinterest boards.
3. SEASON — Would you like the season of your wedding to dictate your decor theme? Fall is a wonderful time for an outdoor wedding and usually calls for the rich, deep colors of brown, orange, yellow and green. Winter is a wonderful time for blues and whites or the bright reds and greens of Christmas time. Spring is typically filled with a mix of pastel colors and the fresh floral blooms of the season. Summer is a great time for a beach theme.
4. LOCATION — You’ll want to make sure that any colors or themes you use don’t clash with your venue. If the room where you’re holding your ceremony has an art deco vibe to it, a vintage or shabby chic inspired theme will probably not work out too well.
There are many things to consider as you pick out the basic components to your wedding. However, once these are chosen, other decisions may fall right into place. Your Chicago area wedding planners are standing ready to help!
LIKE WHAT YOU’VE READ? CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG!
Of course, we are happy to help!
Plan it! Design it! Implement it!
Perfect Day Wedding Planners and Designers
EMAIL US at: email@example.com
CLICK HERE – Information on Rentals/Linens
CLICK HERE – Information on Flowers
CLICK HERE – Information on Invitations
Click here to get your “10 Wedding Insider Secrets” today!
- How To Choose A Fall Wedding Theme (parsimoniouspash.com)
- Tuesday Tips – Top 8 Do’s and Don’ts in Planning Your Wedding (perfectdayweddingplanners.wordpress.com)
- Tuesday Tips – Will You Be My Bridesmaid? 6 Creative “Proposal” Ideas (perfectdayweddingplanners.wordpress.com)